It’s that time of year again. All the commercials everywhere are touting Love and spending money to show you love some one. Here is a thought: take care of yourself first this Valentine’s Day. Love yourself first. It is really the caregiver’s rule – Take Care of Yourself First, So you Can Take Care of
Discover the love story between John Swan and Nancy Weckwerth
Her book, “Don’t Stop the Music: Finding the Joy in Caregiving is a “survive and thrive” manual for Caregivers. Based on over twenty-five years of caregiving for her friend and partner, John D. Swan, DMA, the book describes how to find the joy in caregiving. Although it is written specifically for caring for a stroke survivor, the message transcends that particular condition. The wisdom within is meaningful for any caregiving situation.
Powerful and inspiring, the book will encourage Caregivers and families caring for a loved one.
Nestled within the moving story of composer and trumpeter John D. Swan’s recovery from a massive stroke in 1991, the author reveals nuggets of wisdom for anyone.
Each chapter contains helpful items such as:
- Solutions for dealing with the health care system
- Solutions for physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Solutions for travel with a handicapped person
- Lessons learned on making the paradigm shift
- Lessons learned on self-forgiveness
- Lessons learned on trusting your judgment
- Lessons Learned on finding your new music