I was moved when the amazing teens who survived the February 14, 2018, mass shooting spoke on TV. When interviewed by Jeff Glor, CBS Evening News Anchor, they asked that their event not be used as part of the anti-gun movement. Instead, they asked for support in this time. However, the support they need is
Discover the love story between John Swan and Nancy Weckwerth
Her book, “Don’t Stop the Music: Finding the Joy in Caregiving is a “survive and thrive” manual for Caregivers. Based on over twenty-five years of caregiving for her friend and partner, John D. Swan, DMA, the book describes how to find the joy in caregiving. Although it is written specifically for caring for a stroke survivor, the message transcends that particular condition. The wisdom within is meaningful for any caregiving situation.
Powerful and inspiring, the book will encourage Caregivers and families caring for a loved one.
Nestled within the moving story of composer and trumpeter John D. Swan’s recovery from a massive stroke in 1991, the author reveals nuggets of wisdom for anyone.
Each chapter contains helpful items such as:
- Solutions for dealing with the health care system
- Solutions for physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Solutions for travel with a handicapped person
- Lessons learned on making the paradigm shift
- Lessons learned on self-forgiveness
- Lessons learned on trusting your judgment
- Lessons Learned on finding your new music