Most Caregivers are filled with the pent-up frustration of being a Caregiver. For a brief look at typical frustrations, and learning to cope with them, read on below. Or, click the icon to the right to listen to it as a podcast. The daily regimen of a Caregiver is most certainly fraught with nagging-never-go-away-issues.
Discover the love story between John Swan and Nancy Weckwerth
Her book, “Don’t Stop the Music: Finding the Joy in Caregiving is a “survive and thrive” manual for Caregivers. Based on over twenty-five years of caregiving for her friend and partner, John D. Swan, DMA, the book describes how to find the joy in caregiving. Although it is written specifically for caring for a stroke survivor, the message transcends that particular condition. The wisdom within is meaningful for any caregiving situation.
Powerful and inspiring, the book will encourage Caregivers and families caring for a loved one.
Nestled within the moving story of composer and trumpeter John D. Swan’s recovery from a massive stroke in 1991, the author reveals nuggets of wisdom for anyone.
Each chapter contains helpful items such as:
- Solutions for dealing with the health care system
- Solutions for physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Solutions for travel with a handicapped person
- Lessons learned on making the paradigm shift
- Lessons learned on self-forgiveness
- Lessons learned on trusting your judgment
- Lessons Learned on finding your new music