Gratitude abounds in an author’s life when a book you have written receives an award. This is particularly true for this author because the “Body, Mind, and Spirit Book Awards” awarded a “Finalist” award to my book this past month. Note the beautiful award seal on the front cover. When I wrote this book in 2016, my
Discover the love story between John Swan and Nancy Weckwerth
Her book, “Don’t Stop the Music: Finding the Joy in Caregiving is a “survive and thrive” manual for Caregivers. Based on over twenty-five years of caregiving for her friend and partner, John D. Swan, DMA, the book describes how to find the joy in caregiving. Although it is written specifically for caring for a stroke survivor, the message transcends that particular condition. The wisdom within is meaningful for any caregiving situation.
Powerful and inspiring, the book will encourage Caregivers and families caring for a loved one.
Nestled within the moving story of composer and trumpeter John D. Swan’s recovery from a massive stroke in 1991, the author reveals nuggets of wisdom for anyone.
Each chapter contains helpful items such as:
- Solutions for dealing with the health care system
- Solutions for physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Solutions for travel with a handicapped person
- Lessons learned on making the paradigm shift
- Lessons learned on self-forgiveness
- Lessons learned on trusting your judgment
- Lessons Learned on finding your new music